NAMAA's purpose is to promote competition and efficiency throughout the industry by:
- Providing education and professional development to its members;
- Developing ethical standards and best practices guidelines for the industry;
- Evaluating and providing education regarding the development and enforcement of intellectual property rights that affect the industry;
- Evaluating and developing improvements to existing business methods and practices;
- Developing industry relevant products and services;
- Engaging in regulatory and legislative advocacy;
- Point of contact for media relations.